According to a recent article on Forbes.com, the golf industry’s economic impact has been reported by various industry insiders as being nearly $70 billion per year. Its charitable impact is close to $4 billion per year through 143,000 events and 12 million participants.
Are you golf tournament ready?
Get ahead of the game and lead your clients through the process of planning a golf event by offering up this useful planning checklist:
1 Year Out...
- Recruit your committee
- Develop a budget
6 Months Out...
- Seek out sponsors
- Select tournament site & date
- Decide on format & event prizes
- Target participants & send out invites
- Coordinate food & beverage menus
3 Months Out...
- Prepare tee signs
- Meet course director—go over details
1 Month Out...
- Finalize sponsor participation
- Order giveaways, awards & prizes
2 Weeks Out...
- Deliver materials needed at the course
- Meet course director—finalize details
Day of Event!
- Arrive at course early
- HAVE FUN!...
Consider the following ideas as you plan your budget and your giveaways:
- Custom kits—consider a customized kit specific to your audience, region, weather, or level of play. With PromoShop and its supplier partners, we have the stock and in-house kitting abilities to keep things simple for you.
- Awards—need an award for the winners? Or perhaps a recognition piece for the planning committee? An elegant JAFFA® plaque or paperweight may be the way to say “thank you”.
- Prizes—Need a “closest to the pin” or raffle prize? Golf accessories like shoe bags, totes, club head covers and gloves make perfect prizes. Call PromoShop today to discuss our wide assortment from well known brands such as Titleist®, Taylormade® and Nike®.
Content compliments of BIC Graphic. View golf ideas and accessories perfect for your next event here: online.bicgraphic.com/cs/bg/page/1403112821850/Golf-GLP?ctrcd=US